Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sausage with Potatoes and Green Beans

Inspiration: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grilled-Sausage-with-Potatoes-and-Green-Beans/Detail.aspx

Ingredients:

Couple handfuls of green beans, trimmed and halved ~$0.75
Some red potatoes, quartered ~$1.25
½ Onion, sliced ~$0.25 ? I have no idea how much 1 onion is
1 pound smoked sausage ~$2.50 (this was on sale 2/$5)
Worcestershire sauce (from pantry)
Salt & Pepper

Total: $4.75

Basically you just chop everything up and drop it in the pan. Season it with salt and pepper and sprinkle it with Worcestershire sauce then toss it around. Cover it with foil and put it in a 350° oven for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.


I put the leftover green beans in the freezer so they are ready for next time. Actually this was my 2nd time making it so those are my frozen green beans in the ingredients picture. The entire bag of green beans was $1.99 I think. I will start paying more attention to prices now that I am doing this.
Last time we had enough for 2 lunches but tonight we didn't have any left over. We were hungry.





No comments: