Friday, October 3, 2008

Easy Chinese Stir Fry

This is a recipe from another one of my favorite sites, www.kraftfoods.com. This one is so easy I follow the recipe completely. This recipe calls for Hoisin sauce which you would find in the international aisle near the soy sauce and teriyaki sauce. It is not the cheapest ingredient but it really makes this meal. One little jar I think is $3.50ish but it lasts for 2 or 3 times making this dish. Worth it for me. Oh and it is not spicy. I think I have heard it refered to as the Asian BBQ sauce.


You can't really tell but this is how I served the meal, not an individual portion. : )

Inspiration: http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/easy-chinese-stir-fry-74437.aspx

Ingredients:

1 t. oil
I usually use 2 pork chops, sliced
3 carrots, peeled and sliced (in this picture I actually had bagged carrots and they worked great too, just use whatever you have)
1/3 C Balsamic vinaigrette
2 T hoisin sauce
2 green onions, thinly sliced

Heat oil in large skillet on med-high heat. Season pork with salt and pepper. Add pork to skillet and saute until browned. Add carrots. Cook and stir 5 minutes.

Stir in dressing and hoisin sauce; stir-fry 7 minutes or until carrots are crisp tender, stirring frequently.

Add onions; cook 1 minute.

Serve over hot cooked rice or pasta.

No comments: