Friday, October 3, 2008

Sloppy Joe's

This is another super easy meal that can be made with stuff out of the pantry. One day when I was at work I didn't feel like going to the grocery store but I knew I didn't have anything planned for dinner. So I started searching around for recipes that use ground beef since that was the only protein I had at the time. I found this recipe and now it is what I make when I don't really feel like cooking like on a Friday.

Inspiration: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sloppy-Joes-II/Detail.aspx
I pretty much follow this one exactly except that I leave out the green pepper b/c I don't usually have them on hand.
Ingredients:
1 lb lean ground beef
1/4 C chopped onion (I use the stuff from the spice aisle)
1/2 t. garlic powder
1 t. yellow mustard
3/4 C ketchup
3 t. brown sugar
S & P
In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef; drain.
Stir in onions, garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with S & P.
I usually use whatever bread we have on hand and serve it with french fries that we always have in the freezer.
I am going to try to be better about posting from now on as well as include costs. Now that I have every Friday off, expect updates then.

No comments: